Friedrich’s tale concludes in this week’s installment!
Monthly Archives: March 2017
A Deal is Forged
A new page, and Friedrich makes a deal.
Two Minute Movie Review: Logan
- Logan is an action movie, and a comic book movie, with all that entails, and yet it’s got a surprisingly emotional core to it.
- This is probably the first time I’ve found Wolverine’s claws portrayed believably on film. Usually the X-Men films have more or less shied away from the bloody end of things (Deadpool excluded, of course) — but here it actually seems to be like what you’d actually expect, given the nature of the weapon.
- But it’s not glorifying of violence — I mean, there are plenty of dismemberments and beheadings, but they’re more necessary than gratuitous. If that makes sense.
- I can see why Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman have both said that they won’t portray these characters again. This movie showed Xavier and Logan as raw, broken men looking at the end of their roads. There’s an intensity to that portrayal that won’t be matched by another round of fisticuffs with Magneto.
- Oh, and Dafne Keen is pretty amazing — heck, she does a lot with just facial expressions.
- In summation, X-Men movies have had their ups and downs. Heck, I skipped Apocalypse after reading a few reviews. But this one is one of the ups. It’s a somber film, but a memorable one.
Friedrich begins a tale in today’s page.
Cover Concepts Wanted – Issue No. 2
In case you were wondering — yes, we’re going to have another cover poll for Issue No. 2. It’s a ways down the road still, but it’ll be here before you know it!
To that end … I’ll be coming up with a few cover concepts for that poll, and I could use your help. Do you have an idea for the cover for Issue No. 2? Leave a comment on this post!
I’ll pick my favorite(s) to mock up and include in the cover poll when we get there!
A few rules for this:
- Stay on topic. The cover should generally have SOMETHING to do with the theme or plotline of the comic. But, at the same time…
- Avoid spoilers. If the issue ends with a surprise birthday party, that shouldn’t go on the cover!
- Ominous and/or menacing cover concepts are great.
- If it’s out of left field but still an awesome idea, it might still work!
- Not too complex. Let’s not put all the characters on the cover. Or the Taj Mahal.
- Try to keep it to one sentence or thereabouts. Take a look at the Issue No. 1 cover poll for examples of concept sentences!
- If you suggest a concept that gets made into a thumbnail and gets selected as the final cover, I’ll credit you on the site as well as in any final printed version if one ever comes to pass!
- Standard rules apply … I reserve the right to not select a concept if I don’t get anything appropriate. By commenting with a concept you agree to let me use the concept for whatever purposes I want, until the first Tuesday of the year 2187. And right now there isn’t really a prize other than potentially seeing your suggestion made into a piece of art.
The deadline for concepts is
4/12/2017 at 12:01 a.m.! 4/19/2017 at 11:59 p.m.!